PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY!
THE TOKENS LISTED ON THE UPVEST PLATFORM ARE NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE SECURITIES, DEBENTURES OR INTERESTS IN A COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEME IN ANY JURISDICTION. THESE TERMS DO NOT CONSTITUTE A PROSPECTUS OR OFFER DOCUMENT OF ANY KIND AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO FACILITATE AN OFFER OF OR A SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT IN SECURITIES, DEBENTURES OR COLLECTIVE INVESTMENT SCHEMES IN ANY JURISDICTION. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE CAREFULLY REVIEWED THESE TERMS AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE RISKS, COSTS, AND BENEFITS OF PURCHASING CRYPTOGRAPHICALLY-SECURED RIGHTS (TOKENS). IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT AS TO THE NATURE OF TOKENS OR CRYPTOCURRENCIES, THE RISKS INVOLVED OR THE ACTION YOU SHOULD TAKE, YOU SHOULD CONSULT YOUR LEGAL ADVISOR. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS OR AGREE TO USE OUR SERVICES.
This agreement is in effect as of 01 May 2018.
We reserve the right to change this User Agreement from time to time. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute acknowledgment and agreement of the modified terms and conditions.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred to as ‚Resources‘), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (i) the terms of this User Agreement, and (ii) applicable laws, regulations and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
1) In order to access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
1) Any contract or agreement which grants access to the Resources, in particular to tokens listed from third parties, is not to be construed as a purchase agreement but an agency agreement. Consequently, any claim management regarding the acquisition of third party tokens shall be handled directly with the respective company that issued these tokens. Upvest shall not in any case be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or losses arising from third party tokens listed on UPVEST.CO.
1) You waive any rights to commissions, kickbacks, provisions and similar fees received from Upvest by third party companies listing their tokens on UPVEST.CO. The exact amount of such payments received by Upvest will be disclosed from time to time.
1) You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account/s.
1) Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical or unconventional means.
1) Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
1) Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
You are solely responsible for any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
1) We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog comments, blog posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews, various social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or monitor the content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if you choose to use these tools to submit any type of content to our website, then it is your personal responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting information or otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will not upload, post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
1) Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, deceptive, invasive, racist, or contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language;
2) Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
3) Contains any type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
4) Impersonates any person or entity, including any employee or representative of Upvest.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our judgment does not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise offensive, harmful, objectionable, inaccurate, or violates any third party copyrights or trademarks. We are not responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that we choose to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against us.
1) We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other third party users of our website. However, any content posted by you using any open communication tools on our website, provided that it doesn't violate or infringe on any third party copyrights or trademarks, becomes the property of Upvest, and as such, gives us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit. This only refers and applies to content posted via open communication tools as described, and does not refer to information that is provided as part of the registration process, necessary in order to use our Resources.
1) You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Upvest and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors, officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
1) You agree not to attempt to bypass the platform or provide alternate forms of „payment“ (in tokens or otherwise) than designated by Upvest.
1) Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are "as is" and "as available". This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
1) the use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
2) the use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
3) the information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and
4) any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
1) any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
2) no information or advice, whether expressed, implied, oral or written, obtained by you from Upvest or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
1) Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. Upvest will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources, or as a result of any changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
1) Copyright & Trademarks
All content and materials available on Upvest, including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Upvest, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by Upvest.
1) Copyright & Trademarks
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
1) Governing Law
This website is controlled by Upvest. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. By accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of Liechtenstein, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will exclusively apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
The place of jurisdiction is Vaduz, Liechtenstein. However, both parties to the agreement reserve the right to file a complaint with any other competent court.
1) Limitation of Warranties
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, Upvest EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
1) Force Majeure
Upvest shall not be liable for any kind of failure or of delay in providing its services if such failure or delay is due to natural disasters or any causes reasonably beyond the control of Upvest.
1) Severability Clause
Should one or several provisions of this Agreement be or become invalid or prove to be unenforceable, this shall not affect the validity of the other provisions.In this case, the contracting Parties shall replace the invalid or unenforceable provision by another provision that comes closest to the economically intended purpose. The same applies in the case of a regulatory gap.